Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New is New

I think I already have a post with this title, but I'm feeling inspired to use it again.

I like new. I don't mean new stuff (but I kinda like that too). I mean new thoughts, new perspectives, new styles. Trying new things, having new ideas, being open in a new way.

It seems like every time I think I have things figured out, something new happens. Life can be unpredictable, and new does not always seem positive right away. But the perspective of always looking for the potential of excitement and opportunities out of the new events in life just helps to keep us going in the right direction. You could probably go back into that sentiment and replace the word "new" with the word "change"---but I think new has a much better connotation than change.

Change sometimes freaks us out. Having something new feels better.

What's new with you?

No comments: