Friday, December 12, 2008

Raw Ice Cream

This ice cream is SO GOOD, and healthy. Note: if you choose to add milk or other processed liquid, its not really raw anymore (but it's still healthier than regular ice cream!).

I don't measure for this---you'll see why!

Ingredients:
frozen bananas (cut up bananas and freeze them)
dates (take the pit out---they're really sweet, so just add one at first and then add more as needed. This will depend on what other fruit you put in and how sweet your bananas are. See why I don't measure?!)
vanilla extract or real vanilla (optional)
Other fruit (optional)
almond milk (my fave), soy milk, regular milk, or water

Directions:
Add all ingredients to blender and blend till smooth. Taste, add more of whatever you want and blend again.

Today I used 1 banana, 7 strawberries, 1 date, some almond milk....it was awesome!
You could also try avocado to make it creamy.

Let me know what you try and how it worked out :)

No comments: