Friday, June 12, 2009

Bottle It!

Don't you sometimes wish you could bottle the sunshine and save some for later? I don't know about you, but when I get up in the morning and the sun is shining, it's just a little bit easier to be enthusiastic about the day ahead. It's even better when it's nice on the weekend---then it's not about getting up the motivation for work, but for weekend things that are more fun (no offense to all my wonderful work friends!).

Since we can't really save the sun for later, it's important to figure out ways to get your motivation level up when the weather is blah. I do this by turning on a bright light as I sit at the computer at 4:30am (yes, crazy, but I'm a morning person), and then I go to the gym before work. Even if my workout is not totally 100% all out or super long, it still helps me get going. If you aren't really a morning person or you don't have time in the morning to go to the gym, there are other things you can do. If you are participating in the Fit It In program, take 5 minutes to do a set of the thera-band exercises, or do a couple cat stretches, jumping jacks, or some other form of physical activity. Or, make a really energizing smoothie (I'll post a recipe later). Maybe you meditate, or maybe you listen to motivating music. Whatever it is that you do to get yourself up and running in the morning, keep doing it! It sets the tone for the whole day. If you've had trouble lately, try something new.

What do you do in the morning that helps you be motivated for the day ahead?

No comments: