Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Doomed?

So I'm sitting here watching college students each their lunches. I have to say, I'm pretty freaked out by it---not by their manners, but by what they're eating. There's this thing, this chicken tender sub (I think)---on a white roll with some kind of sauce and a lot of melted cheese. It doesn't even look good...but they're eating it. With fries and/or chips, gatorade and/or mt dew, and a cookie the size of my 5 year-old nephew's head. That is most definitely more than a day's worth of calories in one sleepy greasy meal.

Overall, I wouldn't say the population is noticeably overweight, but they are probably ranging in ages from 18-21. I just want to let them know that if they keep this up, they will be sorry!

When you're 19, and developing (or cementing) these habits, you don't think about how it will affect you later. But, they will find out, it does and it will.

Is there no hope? I'd like to think there is, but based on the food selections here... I'm not sure how this could change. Maybe we're in too deep. What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...but just maybe there are as many students eating somewhere else with healthy choices - it IS possible isn't it?

Anonymous said...

It is possible, just less visible and probably less of it...so it counts for something even though the norm is the bad stuff.