Friday, February 6, 2009

Small Success...Big Deal

Today at Rotork we did a "yogurt tasting." It's a lot like wine tasting, only with a slightly different purpose. My motives for introducing people to yogurt made with vegetables is not to sell a product. I think it's important in wellness (as I've mentioned before) to try new things, and even if you are so grossed out that you don't try the yogurt----by seeing other people try it and like it, you are opening yourself up to accepting new things as potential options. There were a couple people who asked me why I was pushing the product---my response was that I wasn't pushing anything. If you don't want to try it, don't. If you do, and you like it, I am not going to follow up with you and see if you bought any later. It's not about veggie yogurt! It's about trying something new.

The veggie yogurt received an overwhelmingly positive response. Only two people who tried it said they didn't really care for it (they didn't hate it), and those people also admitted that they don't like yogurt in general.

The flavors we tried:
Pumpkin
Butternut Squash
Carrot

I would have liked to offer the beet and sweet potato flavors too, but there weren't any available when I purchased it.
If you're interested in more information about this product, visit www.amama.com

Where can you get it in the Rochester area?
Lori's Natural Foods
900 Jefferson Rd
Henrietta, NY 14623

Abundance Co-Op
62 Marshall St.
Rochester, NY 14607

No comments: